Friday 3 May 2013

First thoughts on neurology

I realised today, on a sort of date with someone that I am not very enthusiastic about the things that interest me. Hopefully by writing about it, I might be able to work up more enthusiasm, because medicine is something that greatly interests me.

So firstly...neurology.

http://bookshop.rcplondon.ac.uk/details.aspx?e=354

A publication by the Royal College of Physicians, written two years ago, the main points of it are to expand and improve the organisation of neurology on a local level.

Sounds really good, and since it is a field I am interested in, it is something that I may be able to get involved with in time.

*The following is based on my perhaps naive perceptions on the field. But part of the point of this blog is to share my thoughts...so meh to it.*

Neurology seems to be a field that is simultaneously the most high tech in medicine, but at the same time is limited by a lack of understanding. Largely expressed by this:

http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21573089-ambitious-project-map-brain-works-possibly-too-ambitious-hard

No comments:

Post a Comment