Wednesday 15 May 2013

Models of medicine

Talking to my family yesterday, we were talking about the recent challenge thrown down by psychologists against psychiatrists. We often discuss the merits of the biological vs the social model of health and the idea of whether the mind and body can be separated, or whether the distinction is so blurred that they must be considered as one entity. One idea put forward was that it does not matter either way. They are simply two ways at interpreting the same thing. Which is quite a good point to take.

Also, I may as well point out how mature I am. Here is a link to one video out of a selection of anatomic drawings. The videos are very good and I am working my way through them, learning the parts as I go. With this particular video, at 2:50 it says "The second pathway goes via the enzyme cyclooxygenase, also known as cox".

I giggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment